Everyone seems to love our traditional peanut butter cookie recipe, so I thought I’d give it a fun twist for Valentine’s Day and add some of the Valentine M&Ms to the mix, to make some Valentines Day peanut butter cookies. You should be able to find the M&M Valentine’s Mix at most major retailers this time of year or you can find them on Amazon here (affiliate link). These Valentine’s Day cookies were a big hit at our house, I’m hoping they will be at your house too!
Valentine's Day Peanut Butter Cookies With M&Ms
- 1 stick of butter
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- sugar for sprinkling
- 1 cup Valentine's Day M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, in a medium bowl, then set the mixture aside.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the mixture until well combined.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients again mix until well combined.
- Pinch off and roll a tablespoon of cookie dough into a ball.
- Place the balls 2-inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle roll in the sugar.
- Dip a fork into some flour and use the backside to flatten the dough balls in a criss-cross pattern.
- Put a few M&Ms into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let set for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack
I hope these Valentines Day peanut butter cookies are as big of a hit at your house as they have been at ours!