If your child is a fan of all things American Girl Doll, an American Girl themed party might be for you! You can plan your own American Girl themed party easily and inexpensively, you just need to get a little creative. An American Girl themed party is the perfect way to spend a birthday or any celebration for that matter, so take a peek below at how you can get started planning your own!
To begin, let guests know that the party is BYOD. Invite each child to bring their own doll, any doll that can enjoy the party along with them. Send out invites via social media so everyone knows where to be and when! Once plans are in place, you can now get started with the specifics.
1. Set the color theme.
When you walk into an American Girl store, you will right away notice the hot pink, deep red and black color scheme. Working this color scheme into your own party can really make it feel fun. Work this color scheme into balloons, linens, streamers, tissue paper pom poms and other décor pieces.
For your tables, you can craft these simple American Girl themed centerpieces, much like the ones you see at The American Girl café.
Here is what you will need:
Small canning jar or can
Hot pink tissue paper
Hot pink chevron craft paper
Silk flowers of choice
1. Begin by wrapping the hot pink tissue paper around the canning jar and cut it to fit.
2. Use a few dabs of glue to hold the tissue paper in place. Fold the tops of the tissue over the canning jar so it is secure.
3. Cut a strip from the chevron scrapbook craft paper. Wrap it around the jar and cut it to fit. Add a dab of glue to secure it.
4.Cut the silk flowers to size and add them to the inside of the vase. You can display the centerpiece on a colorful piece of craft paper (this would be a great place to add the color black into the scheme) and enjoy!
2. Samantha’s Rose Headband
Add a craft aspect into the party so kids can have a fun hands on time. A simple craft you can make is Samantha’s headband. While buying this new would cost you nearly $13, making your own costs just a few bucks.
Here is what you will need to make your own! It is the perfect make and take craft for kids to enjoy!
Stretchy headband base
Pink silk rose
Hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by cutting the rose down so you only have the head. You won’t need the stem so you can discard.
2. Add a generous amount of glue to the underside of the rose. Press it to the headband and hold in place until secure.
3. Flip the headband over so you can see the underside. Snip away any stem that is still sticking out from under the flower.
4. Allow the headband to dry and when it is, you are ready to enjoy it! If you wish, you can buy smaller headband bases to make headbands for your dolls as well!
3. Make some kid friendly snacks.
Serve snacks like you would find at the American Girl Doll café. Such examples would include mini cinnamon rolls, veggies and dip, mini burgers, mini hot dogs, and tiny cupcakes. You can also offer lemonade (pink lemonade would be great!) or ice water. For your dolls, offer a mini treat as you would find at the American Girl Store. Take a look at how to make a flower pot cupcake for dolls to enjoy while party goers snack away!
Mini flower pot
Large white craft pom pom
Small hot pink craft pom pom
Hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by cutting a length of ribbon (cut in half if you wish for it to be thinner) and wrap it around the flower pot. Secure it with glue.
2. Add a dab of glue to the bottom of the white pom pom. Press it inside of the flower pot until secure.
3. Add another dab of hot glue to the pink pom pom and press it to the top of the white one. It will look like the cherry on the cupcake.
Your little doll cupcake is now ready for “eating.” Give each doll a mini dessert of their own while guests eat the treats mentioned above. Everyone will enjoy their treats!
There are a few other fun ways to continue the American Girl theme at your party. Why not set up a doll salon where girls can style their doll’s hair? You can also have trunks of clothes out for both girls big and small to get dressed up and have a fashion show. Place out plenty of small dishes, cups, saucers, etc. for the dolls to use as well.
Looking for American Girl party supplies? They have some at Amazon here: American Girl Party Supplies
Give these tips a try when planning an American Girl themed party. You are sure to throw an event that all guests will remember!