I love quick and easy made from scratch cooking, especially on the weekends when it always seems like we’re rushing around! This Saturday it seemed like we were on the run most of the day. While we were out I stopped by Kroger to pick up a few things to make a quick and easy supper we could munch on while we watched our favorite Ohio college football team. Kroger is my absolute favorite grocery store! I love their natural foods section and their variety and the quality brands they carry.
While I was browsing I found a couple new products from Hormel in the refrigerated entrees section. Great taste, freshness without preservatives and 0g Trans Fats? I was intrigued, so I picked up Hormel Hot Sandwich Grilled Buffalo Style Chicken for our Saturday night football noshing. I also picked up Everyday Scratch Flame Seared Chicken Breast for a quick lunch or two next week.
I had a few ideas for the Buffalo Chicken, so I also picked up some refrigerated pizza crust, Scoops corn chips, sour cream, salsa, and cheese. While we were running we also stopped by our local farmer’s market and picked up some fresh tomatoes and greens.
We were late for kickoff because we were still running, so when we got home I wanted to make our food as quick as possible so I could watch the game. I couldn’t decide between buffalo chicken pizza muffins (one of my son’s faves), and buffalo chicken nacho bites ( a twist on one of my husband’s faves) so I made both, plus a buffalo chicken and ranch salad for me. Yum!
Buffalo chicken nachos are a fun twist on one of my family’s game day favorites.
Buffalo Chicken Nachos Recipe
- 1 bag Scoops Corn Chips
- 1 container Hormel Buffalo Chicken Hot Sandwich Meats
- 1 cup Taco Blend Cheese
- 1 container Sour Cream
- Preheat your oven to 400`F.
- Line up the Frito's Scoops chips on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Add about 1/2 teaspoon Buffalo Chicken Hot Sandwich Meats to each chip
- Top each one with a pinch of shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes at 400`F.
- Top each with 1/2 teaspoon sour cream.
- Serve warm.
Another favorite recipe for football season at our house is buffalo chicken pizza muffins. I usually have to cook the chicken and add the buffalo sauce myself. Hormel Buffalo Chicken Hot Sandwich Meats does all of that for me!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Muffin Recipe
- 1 package refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 container Hormel Buffalo Chicken Hot Sandwich Meats
- 2 cups shredded pizza cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400`F.
2. Roll out the pizza dough and cut it into 12 equal pieces.
3. Spray a muffin tin with no stick cooking spray.
4. Press the pizza dough into a muffin pan and shape it into a cup.
5. Bake the dough for 5 minutes.
6. Top each pizza muffin with a tablespoon of Hormel Buffalo Chicken Hot Sandwich Meats.
7. Sprinkle each muffin with about a tablespoon of shredded cheese.
8. Bake for about 10 more minutes.
9. Serve while they’re still warm.
These muffins are always a big hit with my family! I usually have to cook the chicken first, now with Hormel they’re even easier to make!
I also made a super quick buffalo chicken ranch salad for myself.
I had some yummy fresh salad greens, and don’t even get me started on how delicious the fresh tomatoes from the farmer’s market are!
Buffalo Chicken Ranch Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup Hormel Buffalo Chicken Hot Sandwich Meats
- 1 cup salad greens
- 1 small red tomato
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon southwest ranch dressing (or regular ranch)
- tortilla strips
1. Arrange the fresh greens on a plate.
2. Heat the Hormel Buffalo Chicken Hot Sandwich Meats according to the package directions.
3. Top the salad greens with the warmed chicken and top with cheese, and tomatoes.
4. Drizzle with salad dressing and sprinkle on the tortilla strips.
All 3 of these quick and easy buffalo chicken recipes were all ready in less than 30 minutes with the help of Hormel Buffalo Chicken Hot Sandwich Meats. Perfect for any game night, or even a hectic week night. Of course our favorite Ohio college team lost their game Saturday night, boo! It was still a good time watching the game and yelling at the TV while we munched.
There are also several other varieties of Hormel Hot Sandwich Meats:
- Philly Steak
- Tequila Lime Steak
- Tequila Lime Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken,
I also picked up Everyday Scratch Flame Seared Chicken Breast for later this week. There are several other Everyday Scratch varieties available if you’re looking for something to help you get a head start with your favorite recipes. The best part is Hormel uses high quality ingredients, so it’s just like made from scratch cooking.
I think I’m going to make some fajitas one night this week, but the Flame Seared Chicken Breast would also be great for tortilla soup, or a quick chicken sandwich on the go. Of course I’ll probably use it for a quick salad one day for lunch. So many possibilities for these ready to go proteins.
Here are all of the varieties of Hormel Everyday Scratch available:
- Rotisserie Style Chicken
- Flame Seared Carnitas
- Flame Seared Chicken Breast
- Fusilli Pomodoro with Grilled Chicken
- 6-Cheese Macaroni with Grilled Chicken
- Roasted Garlic Cheese Risotto with Grilled Chicken
Right now you can even try Hormel Everyday Scratch and Hot Sandwich Meats at a discount with these great coupons on Coupons.com. Please note: The coupons are only available in some areas, if it doesn’t appear when you click it may not be available in your area. Just clip on the coupon images below to get to a printable version.
You can also follow @HormelFoods on Twitter for their latest product and coupon updates or Hormel Food Recipes on Pinterest for links to delicious recipes.
Oh my goodness…each one looks so good! I love buffalo flavored anything! #client