Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious snack idea for your toddler? Check out this toddler apple and pear sauce recipe with Chia seeds. I’ve heard Chia seeds are like a super food, and that they’re great for you nutrition wise, and any time you can get fruits or vegetables into a toddler, that’s definitely a good thing!
Toddler Apple and Pear Sauce Recipe With Chia Seeds
- 2 large honey crisp apples
- 2 large organic pears
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- ½ water
- Thoroughly wash your fruit then peel, seed and cut. You can leave the pears in larger pieces, quarters work well. The apples will take a little longer to cook down so you will want to have them in smaller pieces, especially if they are very large apples as honey crisps tend to be.
- Add the water to a medium size pot along with apples and pears on medium heat.
- Cover and let come to a simmer or low boil for about 10 minutes.
- Once everything has warmed up and the juices from the apples and pears start to come out you’ll see the mixture threaten to boil over, watch carefully and stir to ensure this doesn’t happen.
- At this point you can leave the lid on but make sure it is cracked open to release steam. Continue cooking for about another 10 minutes or until everything is nice and soft. You’ll want the fruit to be soft enough that you do not need to use a masher or an piece of equipment to break down the apples further, this should all happen in the cooking process.
- When the sauce is done add the chia seeds and stir well.
- *The sauce will be very hot, let cool to a warm temperature before serving.