Today I have a fun, sweet, spring treat for you courtesy of Just Born (the makers of those yummy Easter Peeps). This would be a fun treat for an Easter or Spring party, or to make with the kids, just because.
We’re Peeps fans at our house. I love them heated and melted, and I also love them dipped in chocolate. My son just loves them, and my mom likes them after they’ve sat out for a few days and they’re rock hard. Hmmm…
However you like your Peeps, I bet you’ll like this recipe for Peeps Macaroons.
- 12 PEEPS® Milk or Dark Chocolate Dipped Chicks
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- 2 cookie sheets
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Parchment paper
- Large bowl
- Stirring spoon
- Wire rack
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir coconut, sugar, egg whites, salt, vanilla and almond extract until well combined.
- Refrigerate one half hour.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons (approx 1 inch apart) so they are about 2 inches in diameter.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Cool 1 – 3 minutes on cookie trays. Remove with a spatula and transfer to wire rack.
- Top each with a PEEPS® Milk or Dark Chocolate Dipped Chick and let cool completely.
Makes: 12 Sweet PEEPS® Macaroons
Are you a Peeps fan? It seems like most people love them or hat them.
If you’re a fan you can visit the Marshmallow Peeps website for more fun spring treat ideas using Peeps.
SOURCE Just Born, Inc.