I love to make something special every year for my mom for Mother’s Day. She’s always been there for me whenever I’ve needed her through the years. I can only hope I can be as good of a mom to my son. In my book she’s the world’s number one mom, so I wanted to create a Mothers Day printable cupcake topper to tell her that.
I’ve also been playing around with printables lately, and who doesn’t love cupcakes, right? I thought I’d put the two together and create a printable cupcake topper to share for your Mother’s Day cupcakes this year. Here’s how they turned out:
Mothers Day Printable Cupcake Topper
- World’s #1 Mother printable (click here)
- Vanilla cupcake recipe
- Butter cream icing
- 1 piece 8 1/2 by 11 piece of white card stock or heavier white paper
- Your favorite cupcake wrappers
- 3 inch lollipop stick (one per cupcake)
- Royal blue 1/4 inch ribbon (2 inches per cupcake)
- Wilton 4B decorator tip
- Pastry bag
1. Print out the World’s # 1 Mom cupcake printables on the card stock.
2. Bake up a batch of your favorite cupcakes according to the package or recipe directions. I love the vanilla cupcake recipe I linked to above, but you can use any flavor.
3. I like to add a second cupcake wrapper once the cupcakes are baked, to give the cupcakes a little extra pop.
4. While your cupcakes are cooling cut out the Mothers Day printable cupcake toppers, and glue them onto a lollipop stick. If you can’t find lollipop sticks at your local craft store, a toothpick will work great. Make sure you have the lollipop stick coming out from the bottom of the topper.
5. Cut 2 one inch pieces of royal blue ribbon, and glue them to the back of the topper, so the tail of the ribbon is sticking out from behind the topper on either side of the lollipop stick.
Mothers day cupcake printable topper
6. Decorate the cupcakes with your favorite decorator icing, I linked to my favorite recipe above. I used a Wilton 4B tip attached to a pastry bag. Use the tip to swirl the icing in circles from the outside in.
7. Insert a #1 Mom topper into the center of each of your Mother’s Day cupcakes.
Do you have a special mom in your life you’d like to make these Mother’s Day cupcakes for?
Looking for more spring treat ideas? Check out these Butterfly Rice Krispy Treats. They’d be perfect for mom too!
Now this is a cool and neat idea!
[…] Printable Cupcake Topper […]