If you’re looking for a last minute edible Easter basket idea for your Easter day celebration check out these DIY chocolate Easter baskets. They’re super easy to make, all you need is a basket mold and some melting chocolate. They’re perfect for kids parties, or to hand out to the grand kids.
You can probably find chocolate molds in your local craft shop in the cake decorating or candy making section.
DIY Chocolate Easter Baskets
Basket Chocolate mold
Milk chocolate and/or white chocolate for melting
food color (optional)
1. Melt the chocolates according to the package directions. I like to melt chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Set the timer for 30 seconds, then stir the chocolate and microwave it for another 20 seconds. Stir again and microwave for another 20 seconds if needed.
2. Pour a little chocolate into the bottom of the basket mold. Roll the chocolate slowly around in the mold, until the chocolate covers the entire inside of the mold. You may want to roll the chocolate around a second time to make the sides a little thicker.
3. Let the chocolate cool and harden in the mold, then carefully turn the mold over and release the chocolate from the mold.
4. “Glue” any broken pieces in place with a little melted chocolate.
5. Add coconut shreds to the basket for Easter “grass.” You can color the coconut with a few drops of food color stirred into the shreds.
6. Add your favorite Easter candies to the basket and give them as party favors, or Easter gifts.
cute idea. My kids would love this