Are you planning a fun Monsters University party? Why not make it a backyard barbeque? I have some super fun Monsters University recipes to share with you today! All of them are Mike and Sully approved for your next summer cookout!
Here are a couple of my favorite Monsters University recipes. You can view them all on the printable Monsters University pages below. Just click on the images for a printable version! Have fun, and let us know how your Monster recipes turn out!
- 2 oz fresh honeydew melon juice, chilled
- 2 mint leaves, fresh
- Dash fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp Agave syrup
- tiny pinch salt
Muddle the mint, agave syrup and lime juice together. Add the honeydew melon juice and pour over ice. Grab Mike’s Melonade recipe and Cilantro Corn on the Claw here:
2 racks baby back or St. Louis pork ribs
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Kosher salt
- 3 Tbs cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbs cumin
- 2 Tbs cayenne
- 1/4 cup Spanish paprika
- 2 Tbs coriander
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2Tbs smoked salt
- aluminum foil
- plastic wrap
View and print the entire Monsters University Roaring Ribs recipe along with cooking directions here:
Scare School Steak
- 2 lbs Tri Tip (cleaned of surface fat and silver skin)
- to taste kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup Worchestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup Crystal Hot Sauce
- 3 Sprigs rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 tbs chopped garlic
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1. Remove all surface fat and any visible shiny sinew from the Tri Tip. Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste and set aside.
2. In a ziplock back combine the remaining ingredients.
3. Add the Tri Tip to the bag, and allow the steak to marinate for at least an hour (ideally 12 hours). Remove tri tip from marinate and pat dry with a paper towel.
4. Season again with additional kosher salt before grilling or pan searing.
5. Grill the steak over medium heat until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 125`F at the thickest part.
6. Allow to rest on a cutting board for 15 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
View or print the entire Scare School Steak Monsters University recipe by clicking here:
This last one is not really a recipe, but it would make a fun centerpiece for your Monsters University party or cookout! Make a Mike Wazowski watermelon! Download and print the entire instructions by clicking on the image below!
Have fun and let us know how your Monsters University party or barbeque turns out! If you’re looking for dessert ideas, check out these Monsters University printable cupcake toppers.