Melting Chocolate or Chocolate bark
24 Sugar Cones (if you can find chocolate cones you won’t need to dip them)
chocolate or chocolate fudge cake mix
1 cup chocolate chips
2 large eggs
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
Optional: Icing, black or other color, food coloring, and cake decorating tip to add a ribbon around the brim of the hat.
- Heat the melting chocolate according to the directions on the bag.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a dinner plate, or shallow pie plate.
- Roll the sugar cones in the chocolate to coat the outside with the melted chocolate.
- Set the cones on end on wax paper to dry.
- Preheat your oven to 350`F.
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, butter, vanilla, and brown sugar in a bowl. Mix by hand with a spatula until well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookies by tablespoons on a cookie sheet and bake for about 12-14 minutes.
- When you remove the cookies from the oven, insert the sugar cones into the cookie with the cone opening side down. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.