Today I have an easy recipe for you, that’s also fun for the kids. These buffalo chicken dippers have just a little kick to them, but not so much that they are too hot for most little ones. My son loves them, and he doesn’t like anything too spicy. The hot sauce gives them just a little twang.
- 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot
- About 1 cup cracker crumbs
- Preheat your oven to 400`F
- Cut the chicken into strips about 1″ by 2″ the size can vary a little, just keep them about the same size so they’ll cook evenly.
- Combine the melted butter and the Franks Red Hot in a shallow bowl, put the cracker crumbs in another bowl.
- Roll the chicken in the hot sauce mixture, then coat it with crackers and place it on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Place the strips in the oven, and bake for about 20-25 minutes. I turn them once about halfway through.
- Check your strips to make sure they’re done (the centers should be at least 160`), if they’re not done, let them cook for a couple minutes longer.
- Serve your buffalo chicken dippers with a little ranch or blue cheese dressing and a stalk of celery on the side.
When you’re done make sure you throw out the hot sauce mixture, and the extra cracker crumbs. You don’t want to use it for dipping since it might be loaded with bacteria from the raw chicken.
Image (c) L Gerlach