We made baseball cupcakes this weekend for my son’s birthday party. He’s getting to old for some of the birthday party themes, but he loves baseball. The kids all went out to the backyard and had a little baseball game of their own.
The baseball cupcakes were easy to make.
Baseball Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 cake mix and accompanying ingredients to make the cakes
- 2 recipes butter cream icing
- red food coloring
1. Mix up the cake mix according to the package directions. I poured the batter into the Wilton Mini Ball Pan to bake the baseball shaped cupcakes.
2. When they’re done baking, turn the ball shaped cupcakes out onto a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
3. Ice the cupcakes using Decorating Tip Set 2 with #3 Round for the ball laces and #16 Star added to the end of a pastry bag to cover the cupcakes in white icing (Wilton #16 star, then add the red lace stitches (Wilton #3 round). They really were simple to make. I covered a cookie sheet in Wilton Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap, but regular foil would work well too. Can you tell I’m a huge Wilton fan? You could also use a large sheet of card board to put the cupcakes on.
These cupcakes are perfect for a baseball theme birthday party. Just grab some baseball theme party supplies, then head outside for a fun baseball game to entertain the kids and grown ups too!
Looking for more? Check out these: Fun baseball cupcake ideas.
[…] 21. Baseball Cupcakes […]
[…] Baseball Cupcakes […]
[…] My son is a big baseball fan. During the season I think he lives and breathes baseball. It was even the theme of one of his birthday parties a couple years ago. I made baseball cupcakes with the Wilton mini ball pan, I wrote them up here: Baseball Cupcakes […]