We like to keep the snacks fun and simple, with a little bit of healthy thrown in, during the summer months. Who has time for complicated snacks when you’re on the go? We sure don’t, but I still want to give my son snacks he enjoys. There are some snacks that are staples all summer long.
Here are just a few of the favorite summer snacks around our house:
- Bananas and peanut butter
- Whole grain crackers and cheese
- Celery and cream cheese
- Fresh fruit slices
And when I want to make snack time extra fun here are a few of my faves:
- Top celery pieces with peanut butter and raisins for “ants on a log”
- Use cookie cutters to cut fun shapes out of sandwiches, cheese or watermelon slices.
- Kabob some fresh fruit
- Fill the different sections of a muffin pan with fun little snacks like bite size crackers, candies, grapes, strawberry slices, or nuts. Let kids pick from their favorites to make their own snack plate.
- Wrap it up! Kids will love making their own wraps with pb&j, or pizza sauce and cheese
Now it’s time for you to join in the simple snacking fun. This summer Bagel Bites is inviting your family to take the Snack Simply Pledge. Just go to the website and pledge to:
- Keep it simple
- Keep it tasty
- Keep it fun
For every pledge Bagel Bites will donate $1 to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America (up to $50,000). When you pledge you also receive a $1 off coupon for your next purchase of Bagel Bites.
My son loves Bagel Bites, and they’re so easy to make, he can make them himself in the microwave, or I can heat them up for him in the oven. They’re definitely on his list of favorite summer snacks and they fit simple, tasty and fun.
I have another fun surprise. The first 4 people who share their favorite fun and simple summer snacking ideas below will get a coupon for a free boxes of Bagel Bites. So hop over to the comment section and share your favorite summer snack ideas.
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Bagel Bites and received coupons and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.