On Sunday nights we love to kick back and watch a little football or a good movie on TV before we gear back up for the next week. Of course a football game or a movie calls for some quick and easy finger food to go along with it. One of my favorite quick and easy meals is this pizza muffin recipe. They’re a fun twist on an old classic and they’re sure to lead to a #CleanPlate at our house.
Pizza Muffin Recipe
- 1 rolled refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup Contadina Pizza Sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 18-24 pepperonis optional
- Preheat the oven to 400`F.
- Unroll the pizza crust and cut into 3 inch squares. One pizza crust should make about 18 squares.
- Stretch each square a little and put it into a muffin cup sprayed with no stick cooking spray. The squares should come up the sides of the cup, and may drape over the edge a little on the corners.
- Once you have put each square into a muffin cup bake the pizza crust for about 5 minutes at 400`F.
- Once the crust has baked, add a teaspoon of Contadina Pizza Sauce to the center of each muffin.
- If you want to add other toppings, like pepperoni add them on top of the sauce.
- Top the pizza muffins with a mixture of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for another 6 to 8 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
This recipe is super easy to make, and it’s also a crowd pleaser, that makes it perfect for a quick dinner, or even a fun appetizer for a party. Try this recipe for your next football gathering, or even as a quick snack or appetizer for your holiday party. Make sure you bake a few extra, the kids will love them! I know my son sure does. Pizza muffins always equal a clean plate at the end of the meal! Contadina Pizza Sauce makes this recipe super quick and easy. If you don’t want to add the pepperoni separate, Contadina even has a pizza sauce with pepperoni, they also make a tomato sauce so you can spice it up any way you want for pizza, pasta, or even meatballs. You can check out more great recipe favorites featuring Contadina here:
I’m definitely going to give a few of these a try for my hungry family! What’s your favorite Contadina recipe?
Every mealtime masterpiece starts with Contadina and ends with a clean plate. While many people enjoy posting photos of their food before they eat, we believe that a clean plate afterwards is the true testament to a delicious meal. And that meal is a labor of love, so share your gratitude with a clean plate celebration on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Contadina
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Contadina via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Contadina.