Yesterday I shared the results of my first batch of mini cupcakes made with the Sunbeam Mini Cupcake Maker. Today I want to share the Oreo cookies and cream mini cupcakes I made using the mini cupcake maker and Bite Size Mini Oreos (in the Go Packs). They turned out super cute!
Oreo Cookies and Cream Mini Cupcakes
3 containers of Mini Oreo Go Paks
1 Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
1 batch cream cheese icing (recipe below)
1. Mix up the vanilla cupcakes according to the recipe.
2. While you’re mixing up the cupcakes preheat the mini cupcake maker, or the oven if you’re using a mini cupcake pan.
3. When you’re ready to pour the cupcakes, drop a mini Oreo into the bottom of each cupcake wrapper before you pour. Then fill the cupcake wrappers 3/4 full with cupcake batter.
4. Bake for about 6 minutes in the cupcake maker, or about 10 to 12 in the oven.
5. Let your cupcakes cool, then ice with the cream cheese icing below.
6. Insert another Mini Oreo into the top of the icing and enjoy.
Cream Cheese Icing:
1 8 oz package cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 stick butter (at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 cups powdered sugar
3-4 teaspoons water (if needed)
1. Cream together the cream cheese, vanilla and butter.
2. Slowly add the powdered sugar until the icing is somewhat stiff and will hold its shape. You may need to add a little more or a little less powdered sugar, or add a few teaspoons of water. It depends on the temperature and how soft your butter and cream cheese get.
3. This icing should be kept refrigerated if you need to store it more than a couple hours.
I also made these in regular size cupcakes. I put 3 mini Oreos in the bottom of each cupcake cup before pouring the batter in. Then I topped them with some crushed Oreos and 1 whole Mini Oreo.
The recipe will make about 48 mini cupcakes, or 24 regular size cupcakes.