The fall weather in Ohio can be so unpredictable. One day it’s raining, the next the sun is shining bright. The temperature can be 80`F one day, and 40`F the next. It’s all good when you pair it with the beautiful changing leaves, and the yummy fall flavors. I’m a big fan of fall, so of course we have to celebrate the beauty and flavors of fall. My son and I both love pumpkin, and I’m a chocoholic, so I thought we’d combine a couple of our favorite flavors to make a pumpkin chocolate chip cupcake. We also heard about the new Cool Whip Frosting flavors. I usually make my own icing from scratch, but Cool Whip is really popular at our house, so we decide to give the new Cool Whip frosting a try.
I headed out to Walmart to get the ingredients we’d need for the cupcakes, and checked out the Cool Whip Frosting in the frozen food section, right next to the Cool Whip toppings. You can view more on my shop here.
When I got home my son was after me to get the cupcakes made. He was excited to give the Cool Whip Frosting a taste test. The cupcakes turned out fabulous, so I wanted to share them here.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon bake soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter (slightly melted but not hot)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350`F.
2. In a small bowl mix together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a larger mixing bowl mix together butter, sugar, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla on low speed until combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture while beating on low.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Fill cupcake wrappers 2/3 of the way full and bake for 20 minutes.
6. When the cupcakes are baked, turn them out onto a cooling rack to cool.
7. Ice the cupcakes with Cool Whip Cream Cheese or Chocolate Frosting.
8. Enjoy, and celebrate those every day occasions!
My son gives the new Cool Whip Frosting two thumbs up. His favorite was the Cream Cheese.
I have to agree! The cream cheese is pretty yummy!
The chocolate is delicious too! I think it’s my favorite. I love the light creamy cool texture of the Cool Whip Frosting. I think it will also be great for pies later this fall for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I’m always buying Cool Whip and making my own flavors, I love it. Now I can just go buy the Cool Whip Frosting with fabulous flavors already in there! It’ll definitely save me some time during the busy holiday season!
Want to find out more about Cool Whip Frosting? Join the #CoolWhipFrosting Twitter Party on Wednesday, October 24 at 1pm EST if you are available! RSVP here: http://cbi.as/tpo30
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Kraft Cool Whip. #CoolWhipFrosting #CBias #SocialFabric All opinions are my own.