Father’s Day is always a special day at our house. I always want to make my dad feel special, and to help my son make his dad feel special too. I love DIY and hand crafted gifts, but my son doesn’t have a ton of patience for anything too time consuming. This Worlds Best Dad Award mug is perfect for both of us!
This year I created a fun Worlds Best Dad Award printable. We decided to assemble this easy to make DIY World’s Best Dad award on a white mug. You don’t have to buy a new mug if you don’t want to. You could easily up cycle any old mug or candy dish and add the printable to make the award. Once it’s assembled you can even let the kids help you write a special message for Dad on the back. You can make the award permanent for dad to put on a shelf and keep by gluing on the award, or you can keep the award temporary and just add the printable with sticky tack or double sided tape. You can serve it up on Father’s Day morning filled with candy.
Father’s Day World’s Best Dad Award with Printable
- tall white ceramic coffee mug
- white card stock
- assorted color permanent markers
- blue 3/4 inch ribbon about 8 to 10 inches
- World’s Best Dad printable
- craft glue
1. Print out the world’s best dad printable and cut it out.
2. Cut 2 pieces ribbon to about 3-4 inches long (depending on the height of your mug. Angle the cuts on one end of each ribbon for the tail.
3. Glue the ribbon so it’s coming out from under the printable, at a slight angle, with the angled tips at the bottom.
4. Once the glue on the back of the ribbon dries, glue the finished award to the front of the mug with craft glue.
5. Use the permanent markers to write a message to Dad. Some messages you could use are:
- We Love You Dad
- Happy Father’s Day
- Dad You’re the Best
- Thank You Dad For All You Do
6. Let everyone in the family add their signature to the back of the mug below the message.
7. Let the mug with the permanent marker dry completely for at least 24 hours.
Bake the mug at a low temperature in the oven like around 225`F for at least 2 hours.
8. You’ll still need to hand wash the mug if you need to wash it so the marker doesn’t come off in the heat of the dishwasher.
9. Add Dad’s favorite candy, or even some pretzels or another snack wrapped in cellophane to the Best Dad Award container and present it to dad on Father’s Day.
Dad can save the mug with the award on the front, or remove the award and use the mug for every day if you make it temporary. Either way he’ll still have the special message from the family, and a special Father’s Day memory.
Like this Worlds Best Dad Award printable DIY Sharpie mug, but looking for more Father’s Day printables? Check out these: Father’s Day Cupcake Printables