I made this super easy Easter Bunny flower pot the other day. It would be fun to make with the kids for your Easter table centerpiece or to decorate your window ledge for spring. I purchased the wheat grass at our local Meijer store for around $2. The rest of the supplies I already had on hand for this project.
Easter Bunny Flower Pot Craft
- 4-6 inch clay flower pot
- Purple acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Wiggly eyes
- Black fine tip permanent marker (like Sharpie)
- Purple medium pom pom
- Lavender card stock
- Pink Cardstock
- Craft Glue
- Wheat grass plant (or other spring plants)
1. Paint the flower pot with the purple acrylic paint (or the paint color of your choice), and set it aside to dry.
2. While the flower pot is drying, print the bunny ear pattern linked above, or make your own bunny ears pattern. Cut out 2 bunny ears from the lavender cardstock, and 2 inside ears from the pink cardstock.
3. Glue the pink inside ear into the center of the lavender ear.
4. Once the flower pot has dried (you may have to add two coats of paint), add the wiggly eyes, the pom pom for a nose, and use the permanent black marker to make a mouth.
5. Glue the ears to the front of the pot, then add the plant, and you’re done!
You could also use these to give out as fun homemade Easter gifts for friends and family. You could put some daffodils, tulips or violets in the pot instead of the wheat grass. Or even some lavender, or whatever you can find at your local nursery.
Looking for more Easter craft ideas for kids? Check out these ideas.
Or these fun Easter Party Ideas for Kids