I love cupcakes, and they are especially fun when you can add a little bit of theming to them. If you are a Star Wars fan, you are going to adore the printable below that features cute character designs inspired by the mega franchise. Each design features a Star Wars character or character pairing. These Star Wars cupcake toppers are an inexpensive, convenient way to DIY some theming into your party without having to go over the top.
9 printable feature 7 classic Star Wars characters
- Han Solo is ready to shoot first in his action pose.
- Chewbacca looks like he just rolled out of bed.
- Luke Skywalker wields a blue lightsaber.
- R2-D2 seems ready for action, or maybe sweets.
- Princess Leia in her gown from A New Hope.
- Yoda holds a green lightsaber.
- Han and Leia are ready to shoot their way out of a trap.
- Han and Chewy stand to gather as BFFs
- Darth Vader stands confident, unaware that his cuteness overshadows his villainy.
DIY Star Wars Cupcake Toppers Tutorial
It’s so easy to add a little bit of Star Wars flare to your cupcakes. However you decide to decorate them these toppers will instantly transform the drabbest cupcake into a bonafide Star Wars treat. You could enhance the theming by frosting the cupcakes in lightsaber colors, or even using dark and light cake to balance the force.
To make these Star Wars cupcake toppers, first print out the printable. There are nine designs per sheet and you will need two designs (a front and a back) for each cupcake.
In addition, you will need colored construction paper, scissors, glue, and toothpicks to poke the topper into the cupcake.
Cut out the circles from the printable first and trace around them on the construction paper to cut out a back for each design. carefully glue the character design to the construction paper and combine designs however you like. Glue the back of one piece, then affix the toothpick in the center, making sure to let a good amount of the toothpick to stick out below the design. Pick the design you want to pair with it and fix it to the back so that you have a front and back character design. repeat with the others and let dry, before topping your cupcakes.