Lasagna is a family favorite at our house especially this time of year! It’s so easy to make 2 (or 3, or 4) while you’re making lasagna and make an extra to give to someone else during the holiday season. Maybe you have a neighbor who doesn’t have any family local, someone who had surgery recently, or a friend who doesn’t have time to cook homemade meals often. Make an extra lasagna and gift it to someone who needs it this holiday season. It’s super easy to do with Contadina tomato sauce as the base for your lasagna sauce and my favorite recipe for homemade lasagna.
- One box oven ready lasagna noodles
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- The Sauce:
- 1 -30 oz can Contadina tomato sauce
- 1½ tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325`F.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a large pot, and heat to a low simmer.
- Brown the hamburger.
- When the hamburger is thoroughly cooked, drain and add to the sauce.
- Layer a layer of lasagna noodles in the pan
- Pour about 2 cups of the sauce mixture over the noodles.
- Add a layer with about ⅓ of the container of ricotta cheese, sprinkle on ⅓ of the mozzarella and Parmesan. Repeat the layers two more times.
- Bake at 325` for about 40 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the lasagna is heated through.
Like I said above we made two lasagnas so we could eat one ourselves and gift one to someone else. So we wrapped one up and put it in the fridge, and popped the other into the oven.
We gifted our second lasagna to my mother in law. She just had double knee replacement surgery a couple weeks ago. We headed over for a visit and took the lasagna along.
Lasagna is also a super easy dish to take to an office carry in, or to a family gathering. It’s always a hit, and your sure to have clean plates!
While you’re sharing your lasagna this holiday season make sure you share one of Contadina’s fun new ‘Somewhat Famous’ comedic videos. The series is a funny spin off celebrity reality shows, and takes viewers into the kitchens of real moms, who happen to share the same names as A-list celebrities. Check out “Meg Ryans” famous spaghetti sauce:
Too cute! What would it be like to share the name of a famous celebrity? Hmmm…
You can find more great Contadina recipes for clean plates this holiday season here:
Every mealtime masterpiece starts with Contadina and ends with a clean plate. Our mission is to gather families together around the dinner table with our delicious, Italian-style recipes and carefully-sorted Roma-style tomatoes.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Contadina via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Contadina.